Be the first to review this product
Add to basket
Therapeutic Diet – Whilst a prescription is not needed to purchase this product, this diet should only be used in conjunction with regular conversations with your veterinarian to ensure it is suitable for the dietary needs of your pet(s).
Specific CID Digestive Support is for acute and chronic gastrointestinal disease with associated diarrhoea, vomiting and/or flatulence, exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, malabsorption, maldigestion and colitis.
- Highly digestible ingredients compensate for decreased intestinal enzymatic activity and ensure an optimal uptake of nutrients. This makes the diet optimal for patients with gastrointestinal conditions such as acute and chronic diarrhoea, vomiting and/or flatulence.
- The high content of minerals and fat soluble vitamins compensates for compromised absorption in the patient's gastrointestinal system. The increased level of electrolytes compensates for increased losses during diarrhoea and vomiting.
- Contains β-1,3/1,6-glucans from yeast which can bind to receptors of white blood cells, thereby alerting the immune system and supporting the immune response. Specific CID Digestive Support also contains egg powder rich in egg immunoglobulins. Immunoglobulins can bind specific bacteria, viruses and protozoa in the intestinal tract. This prevents attachment of pathogens to the intestinal wall, damage to villli and associated diarrhoea. Specific CID/CIW Digestive Support contains Mannan Oligo Saccharides (MOS). MOS can bind pathogenic bacteria, thereby preventing them to bind to the intestinal wall. MOS also stimulates the local immunity in the intestinal tract.
- Psyllium Husk is a gel-forming soluble fibre, which absorbs several times its weight in liquid, and is known for its beneficial effect on the regulation of the gastrointestinal tract activity and protection of the intestinal mucosa.
- Yucca extract reduces the production of malodorous gasses and the smell of faeces.
Rice, eggs (source of immunoglobulins), fish meal, maize starch, minerals (including zeolite), animal fat, sugar, hydrolysed pork protein, powdered cellulose, vitamins and trace elements, plantago psyllium husk, yeast (sources of β-1,3/1,6-glucans and mannan oligo saccharides), beet pulp, fructo oligo saccharides, methionine, Yucca extract, sunflower oil. Antioxidant: EC approved additives: BHT, BHA and propyl gallate.
It contains no synthetic dyes and flavouring.
If you are in any doubt, it is recommended you seek the advice of your veterinary surgeon before using this product.